1. Introduction & General Terms
- what information 1stopdvr may collect about you;
- how 1stopdvr will use information we collect about you;
- whether 1stopdvr will disclose your details to anyone else;
- when 1stopdvr may use your details to contact you;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What Information will 1stopdvr collect from me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from 1stopdvr, such as newsletters, competitions, magazine subscriptions, ordering products, readers' offers, live chats, message boards, surveys or online registration we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services or webpages may ask for different personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable 1stopdvr and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Please note that sometimes on particular services (e.g. chat forums) you may be asked to provide or you may volunteer additional personal information and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. your political opinions, religious beliefs, sex life or health). We may also use your IP address for some of our website services (please see our Cookies policy).
3. How will 1stopdvr use the information they collect about me? 1stopdvr will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following: for service administration purposes, which means that 1stopdvr may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will 1stopdvr contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance); to notify you of changes to our service; to contact you about a submission you have made to our websites or other publications, including any content you provide (follow the link to our Code of Conduct at the bottom of the main pages of our websites for more details about making online submissions); to personalise or improve the way 1stopdvr content and advertising is presented to you online: 1stopdvr may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see our Cookies Policy) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience, sometimes including the display of selected ads which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you; IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; to analyse and improve the services offered by a BBCW website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience; to manage our competitions and contact the winners; to meet product orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up to date; where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in; to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf; and where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you. Where 1stopdvr proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. Will 1stopdvr share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your information within the 1stopdvr.com in order to provide the service/product you have requested. We will not pass your information to other members of the 1stopdvr Group for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to whom we may pass your data will be 1stopdvr and appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7: Offensive or inappropriate content on 1stopdvr websites below.
1stopdvr will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and 1stopdvr will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.